A lot of SPOILERS today from the usual sources — i.e. TV Guide and Kristin over at E! Online. Here’s Kristin’s teaser regarding her potentially very spoilerific news on Season 3: “Yes! I’m hearing some old friends are returning—some alive and some not so alive. Check the spoiler section for that info. Hmm, interested in knowing more? As always, head on below, and be very mindful that they contain POTENTIAL SPOILERS.
Tom in Orlando: I thought Linderman was dead on Heroes, but then I heard Malcolm McDowell say he’s returning. WTF?
Let’s just say our beloved Nathan Petrelli has a brush with death (you saw that last season) and when he comes back…Wait, what was I saying again? For some reason I just started thinking about that movie with Bruce Willis where the kid sees dead people. What was that called again? That was an awesome movie. Hmmm, I wonder why my mind just went there. Old age is a bitch. Anyway, in other news, Ali Larter is coming back as a totally different person (i.e. doppelgänger), meaning someone who is not Niki or Jessica or Gina (my head is hurting), and with a whole new power. And Claire’s bio-madre Jessalyn Gilsig is also returning.
Mike in Anchorage, Alaska: Quick, give us something good on Heroes! How about some dirt on my favorite, Suresh?
Oh, twist my arm and force me to talk about one of TV’s hottest men. Mohinder Suresh has a lot coming up this season, including a love connection with a female Hero we already know (together, they are hot as fire). And let’s just say that if you had a sneaking suspicion Suresh might have some kind of superability, you would not be wrong at one point this season. There is more to him than meets the eye, but he ultimately may need to “scale back.” (Note the quotes and try to figure out what the bejeezus I’m talking about in the Comments below.)
In the Comments section of the E! Online site, reader “Carol” had these guesses, which I’m assuming is what Kristin pointed to above:
18.Hot as fire? Complicated. Female Heroes we already know: Niki/Jessica/Gina, but we don’t know the new version, so I’d say she’s out. Claire, but she’s underage, so no. I can’t see a connection with Monica, either. Maya, maybe, her power has nothing to do with heat but both she and Mohinder come from countries with hot weather and they are both really pretty, so together they will look hot. There’s also Elle, but she won’t be a regular. There were some sparks between them, and lightenings are pretty hot, so… maybe. Claire’s mom isn’t exactly an important character, so I don’t think so. I could be wrong. I hate the idea of Mohinder having superpowers, but let’s pay attention to what Kristin said: “…Suresh might have some kind of superability, you would not be wrong at one point this season”. At one point. My guess is he borrows someone’s power in some weird yet to be explained way and must then let go of it or tone it down. Maybe Maya’s?
My guess would be Mohinder and Claire’s mom, Meredith. Who else has powers that are “hot as fire”? And how interesting would it be to hear Meredith’s accent clash with Mohinder’s? Wow, like two different worlds colliding!
In any case, moving on to TV Guide’s contribution to some Season 3 spoilers, via Herosite:
- Heroes’ season premiere night on Sept. 22 will start with a one-hour special with previously unseen clips.
- Villains is a 13-episode story arc. “It’s not as obvious as its title might sound,” Zachary Quinto reveals. “There’s an event at the Company that releases a whole host of Level 5 prisoners – all very dangerous killers – but ‘Villains’ will cast a much wider net than that. We’ll explore the darknes and villainy in everybody. Even the good guys. Each has a line – what does it take to cross it?”
- The season premiere picks up right after the “Powerless” cliffhangers.
- Hiro will inherit his father’s business empire and has a new nemesis, Daphne (Brea Grant), who moves at supersonic speed.
- Claire’s mother Meredith returns to teach Claire how to protect herself after an attack from Sylar.
- We’ll see a flash-forward to the future in which Clare becomes “mean, damaged and kinda nuts,” as Hayden Panettiere reveals. “Future Claire is a real bad ass.”
Meanwhile, SpoilerTV‘s got the scan from TV Guide, including a new picture of “bad Claire”: