I don’t know where to begin with this one. Basically, Kristin at E! Online caught up with Hayden Panettiere and Milo Ventimiglia (for some reason, they always seem to be hanging around each other, wonder why?), and got them to talk about Heroes Season 3. And I mean they really talked about the upcoming season, as in, wow, there’s a lot to digest here! Much of the would-be SPOILERS you’ve already seen in the official promos, and at least one hint about Peter’s identity was also spoiled recently. Read on!
So it’s a pretty big article (you can read the rest of it for yourself here), but I’ll break down what I think are the “big” plot points that Hayden and Milo shared:
- Sylar is no longer the “worst thing” in the world. These “villains” that are going to be introduced are real bad boys, apparently. Do I smell a new anti-hero role for Sylar? Geez, after all the people whose heads he’s drilled holes in, that would be kind of … lame.
- The original cast will be working more closely with each other this season. Apparently everyone has learned their lesson of keeping the cast apart (via time and space!) in Season 2. Seriously, what were they thinking?
- Something in the present turns Claire into Bad Future Claire, and it has to do with the evolution of her powers. I’m guessing Claire realizes she’s now immortal, ala Adam Monroe.
- This about Peter “not being himself”:
Milo Ventimiglia shared a big fat clue about Peter’s storyline when the show resumes: “The one thing I can say is that Peter’s not quite himself this season…The second season Peter lost himself and the first season Peter was fighting himself, and in the third season, when I say Peter’s not quite himself, he’s not quite himself.” And just between you and me and the fly on the wall, I can tell you that a newly introduced character has something to do with that change…
Remember this report about a British promo video? It said: “And, perhaps the most shocking tease of all: a big bald man, incarcerated in Level 5, shouts: ‘I’m not who you think I am. I’m Peter Petrelli…’”
- No new boyfriend for Claire. (West is gone.) At least through the first 8 episodes.
- And finally, according to Masi Oka, the Powers That be plans to show “the whole first episode” of the Heroes Season 3 premiere at Comic Con. Um, I don’t think so. The episode was supposed to be 2 hours long (even sans commercials, that’s still 80 minutes), while the comic con panel is only scheduled for 60 minutes. So how could they possibly show “the whole first episode” of Season 3? That would leave no room for Q&A sessions or all the other stuff panels are meant for.
Anyways, you can read it all for yourself here.