Scroll down for the latest update. WTH? According to the guys over at Aint it Cool News, a “convincing anonymous source” has told them that Bryan Fuller has once again left Heroes. According to AICN’s source, Fuller’s last day was Tuesday of last week, and his parking space on the Heroes lot has been empty since then. AICN has no proof besides this one “anonymous source” of theirs, and they haven’t been able to confirmed anything, so for now, this is nothing more than a rumor by one fan site.
Anyways, here’s what AICN speculated as to why Fuller might have left (if he indeed left the show yet again):
Last I heard he was still under contract with “Heroes” producer NBC Universal for another year and a half, and has been preparing new series pitches for the media giant. Fuller has also expressed interest in creating a new TV series set in J.J. Abrams’ new “Star Trek” universe.
AICN says they put in a call to Fuller but hasn’t heard back. Being that Fuller’s return to Heroes has been heralded something close to the second coming by everyone from the cast to the crew to critics and fans alike, this will be a major and nearly instantaneous blow to the show from a publicity standpoint. From a creative standpoint, well, that remains to be seen.
Well it’s official. EW got the word from Fuller himself, who says he has decided to leave his “consulting” position on Heroes in order to concentrate on two other projects for NBC.
“I’m crafting two pilots right now and it’s a lot of work,” admits Fuller, who has an overall deal with NBC. “It was just too hard to [juggle] Heroes and my development; something had to give.”
Reactions and comments, guys?